Free Shipping on Orders Over £99
Don’t see your country listed above? Please choose your region below
This year there are no rules - we’re just looking for acoustic artists that Play Something Different, whatever that means to you! The winner will be sent to L.A. to see the home of our new California Series.
We need your entries by Sunday 29th April - simply fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with the 12 artists selected for the next stage before Friday 4th May. See the FAQs section below and ensure you’re happy with the T&Cs.
The heats will be filmed in front of an industry panel in early May and broadcast on Fender socials in June. The public will vote through a finalist from each of the three heats.
The three finalists will perform again for the panel, who will vote for a winner on the night, crowning them Fender Undiscovered Artist of the Year 2018!
The winning artist will be sent on a once-in-a-lifetime experience to California – you’ll meet the Fender team, tour the factory, and play at Fender HQ, with all flights and hotels taken care of. Enter below!
Play Something Different.
Fender Musical Instrument Corporation, located at Leo House, Birches Industrial Estate, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 is organizing a competition; Fender Undiscovered for the promotion of acoustic artists between 19th April 2018 and July 2018.
These Terms of Participation, as well as all other information and requirements posted to the Fender Undiscovered area of www.fender.com are part of the rules governing participation in the competition and are binding to all participants.
The Fender Undiscovered contest is conducted in three phases:
1st phase: The participants can enter between 19th April and 29th April 2018 (registration period). Entries are made via www.fender.com/undiscovered. The entry form must be completed along with a link to their performance on YouTube, Vimeo or Soundcloud. Closing date is 29th April 2018 at 23:59 (BST).
2nd phase: A Fender judging panel will make a selection of the best 12 participants from all entries. The selection criteria of the jury are artistic quality and creativity, taking into account the participant’s song (music, lyrics), mastery of the instrument, vocal quality as well as artistic performance as a whole. The 12 participants chosen by the jury will be divided randomly into 3 groups of 4 and invited to the heats, which will be held at a London venue to be confirmed on 8th and 9th May 2018. There, the participants must perform a song of their choice with a Fender California acoustic guitar. All semi-finalists will be able to keep the California guitar of their choice from a selection defined by Fender. Each performance will be filmed and released by Fender on our YouTube and/or Facebook channels (as well as other media channels as necessary) for the public to vote on. After the heats have been broadcast, the public will vote for one participant from each heat to go through to the final via the www.fender.com/Undiscovered
3rd phase: The winners from the heats phase (three in total, one from each semi-final) will be required to attend the final at a date and location TBC. This final will be filmed and broadcast on Fender’s social media channels. Each participant will be required to perform two songs, only one of which can be previously performed material, including their entry. The judges vote will determine the winner, which will be announced on the night..
1. Participants must be resident in the UK and have reached the age of 18 at the time of the registration deadline on 29th April 2018.
2. The organizer reserves the right to check the identity of the participants and the consistency of their data with those of the submitted application.
3. Employees of the organizer and their relatives can not participate in the competition.
4. Entrants must be unsigned.
1. Submissions must be by a solo artist or duo with their own composition and accompanied by their own guitar playing during the sung performance.
2. Each person may participate only once. Participants with multiple entries will be excluded from the competition.
3. For their registration, participants may use any acoustic guitar. Fender California guitars will be used during the heats and finals stages, as well as for any performances included as part of the prize.
4. Entries that are received for any reason whatsoever after the deadline shall be disregarded. Fender shall not be liable for single, connected, or collective technical disruptions to the telephone network and / or transmission lines, computer online systems, computer dating mechanisms, computer equipment, hardware and / or software, or for submissions due to incomplete, misdirected, lost, delayed, mechanically duplicated, illegible, damaged or otherwise in some way faulty data transmissions that are unusable or not received in time.
5. Fender reserves the right to exclude any material or performance which is deemed is offensive, unlawful or libellous or takes any other form which, from Fender 's point of view, could be inappropriate, taking into account the legitimate marketing interests and the reputation of Fender and its products.
6. In the same way, Fender reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition who do not fully comply with the Terms and Conditions stated here.
7. Each participant declares and warrants to Fender, with their application, that the copyright and rights of the songs (composition, lyrics), which are submitted, are exclusively owned by them, and that these works do not violate copyright and / or other rights of third parties.
8. In addition, each participant is solely responsible for the content of the works submitted by him/her to the competition, and of any and all consequences derived from the subsequent publication, reproduction and/or dissemination thereof by Fender and/or its partners. Any further liability of Fender or its partners as organizer(s) due to the publication, duplication and/or dissemination of the works of a participant is hereby excluded. If Fender and/or its partner as organizer(s) is/are sued by any third party for the use and/or purpose of the material submitted or presented by the participant, the participant shall hold Fender and/or its partner as organizer(s) harmless from such suits, and indemnify them at first request.
1. Participation in the competition is free of charge and is not linked to the acquisition of goods and / or services.
1. All copyright and promotional rights to the material submitted and performed by the participants as part of the contest remain in their entirety with the respective participants.
2. However, all participants irrevocably grant worldwide, unlimited, non-exclusive, unlimited and free of charge use of their content to Fender and their promotional partners for publication, reproduction, distribution, exploitation, distribution and sublicensing of this material in all media and forms of dissemination. The granting of rights extends, in particular, to the fact that Fender shall, in whole or in part, use the work submitted by each participant and / or presented in the course of the competition in whole or in part, as often as necessary for all purposes of broadcasting in any media, and with all forms of reproduction during the competition period, and without limitation, for any promotional purpose. In consideration of this, each participant is also aware and agrees that their name and the recordings made by them within the framework of the competition can be disseminated by Fender without restrictions and without separate remuneration, in particular also in connection with the advertising for Fender products, including Fender acoustic guitars.
3. Fender provides participants with this contest as a platform that can significantly contribute to establishing or enhancing their reputation. This applies in particular to the promotion of contest-related content through various media. In return, each participant makes a binding declaration that the services to be provided by Fender in connection with the performance of the competition and the publicity generated in their interest at the expense of Fender constitute a reasonable remuneration for the use of their works. Furthermore, each participant declares by his application that they are in agreement with the publication, dissemination and use of their submitted and presented works during and after the competition.
4. In addition, each participant hereby declares and agrees by submitting his/her application that he/she has not entered into any agreements, either directly or indirectly, which will not, or may not, prevent or preclude him/her from entering into the above agreements and making the above statements, preventing the enforcement of any applicable rights of use, or render them invalid, void and/or contestable.
1. Fender shall not be liable for damage to computers of participants or the computers of third parties arising in connection with the participation in the competition and / or the promotion of the prizes. Furthermore, it is particularly not liable for damage to computer systems, such as server failure or loss, corrupted data, delayed data transmission or other disturbances, which arise either directly or indirectly in connection with the participation of an applicant in the competition or the downloading of information about the competition.
2. Fender reserves the right to modify the competition and / or the conditions of participation or to cancel the contest entirely if the website used for the performance of the competition is damaged.
Similarly, Fender reserves itself the right to amend in writing the Contest and/or the Conditions of Participation in cases of force majeure, or to cancel the Contest entirely if any circumstances beyond its control, such as catastrophes, war, civil or military unrest, earthquakes, computer viruses, infringement of applicable law and in the event of counterfeiting, require it to do so.
3. Fender is not liable for payments of taxes or other costs related to the awarding of the prizes.
4. The liability of Fender for any issue related to the contest, notwithstanding the respective legal basis, will be limited to cases of intent and gross negligence in connection with the publication and performance of Fender.
1. Questions concerning the competition are to be sent exclusively by e-mail to email@example.com
2. The personal data of the participants are collected, stored and used exclusively for the purpose of the registration as well as the execution and handling of the competition. The transfer of these personal data to third parties for marketing purposes is not carried out unless this is the express consent of the respective participant.
3. In the case of any queries, request, disputes arising from the contest, Fender shall decide on the further course of action at its sole discretion.
4. Should any individual provisions of these Terms of Participation shall be or become invalid, the legal validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected. In such case, the invalid provision shall be replaced by a legally effective provision whose content is closest to the economic interests of Fender, taking into account the legitimate interests of the participants. The same applies mutatis mutandis if the conditions of participation should show any deficiency.
From beginners to professionals; everyone is welcome. Solo or duo unsigned artists only - with a minimum of one acoustic guitar
For the application phase you can play any acoustic guitar. Heats participants and finalists will be given a model from the Fender California acoustic series to play, and to keep.
The minimum age is 18 years, no upper age limit.
All styles are allowed. The only rules are that the performance must contain guitar playing and vocals, we encourage you play something different and show off your creativity. We reserve the right to exclude artists/songs with controversial or offensive content
No, it needs to be original material.
No – we will be assessing entries based on the quality of the songwriting and performance, not the recording.
11:59pm Sunday 29th April 2018
No. As part of the competition we will of course need to promote your performances, photos, and videos. The rights to the songs stay with you.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org